July 2, 2017

unusual adventures





And now for something completely different. I got this idea from Laura Grace Weldon.  

What's something you've done that you're reasonably confident you're the only person who reads here has done? 

I live a quiet existence, but here are a couple of things I've done that you may not have.

* rowed a leaky dinghy through a cyclone.
* lived alone on a mostly uninhabited island with no power, phone, or toilet.
* patted lion and tiger cubs as they rubbed against my legs.
* been dragged along the ground by a runaway horse
* explored abandoned shops alone after dark in central Sydney
* had ghosthunters investigate my house
* swung on a rope swing over a cliff
* flown in a glider plane
* accompanied police on a high speed chase
* thwarted armed robbers
* needed firemen to climb in my third story window to open my accidentally bolted door so I could get in to my apartment


That's all I can remember for now. Will you play along and share in the comments something you've done that you think may be an unusual experience?

12 comments:

  1. I love love this shot! I've done a couple of things you have (glider plane, horse, alone on an island).. I've also been saved from sharks by dolphins, swum with whales and been in an earthquake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been in a glider AND a 2-person wee plane - not at the same time :)
    I've been stranded in a Kenyan gamepark overnight when the train broke down - armed guards built fires along the tracks to keep the animals away.
    I've been in several earthquakes (when lived in California).
    I've been to several May Balls in both Oxford and Cambridge.
    I learned about the English mystics in the turret-rooms of a Dominican friar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous replies! :-)

    I've also been in an earthquake but that's not very unusual here. They are daily occurences in some parts of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. - I breastfed two children until they were five.
    - I gave my car away to a stranger.
    - I was once chased by a helicopter and police dogs.
    - I've raised baby finches and baby hedgehogs.
    - I stayed at a five star resort in Maui for ten days--for free!
    - While walking in the woods, I once encountered a just-born fawn who briefly mistook me for its mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I've been in police chases, but in the police car, not being chased myself! (Also I once came 20 seconds from having myself and my baby crashed into by a high speed police chase ... I'd just finished pushing the pram across the road when they tore through ... and when I phoned to complain, the policeman I spoke to said "you have to break some eggs to make an omelet"!! I still shudder when I think of it.) Now I very much want to know your story!

      I've also raised baby finches from the egg. Adorable wee birds, although messy!

      Lucky you to stay in a Maui resort!!

      Delete
  6. I wish i have some experience worth mentioning but I don't; there was one time I half-worked at a police station on some kids program, I saw no criminals nor anyone in cuffs, just a lot desks and paperwork

    I like your list as I have done none of those things.

    beautiful photo with the bike and the beach

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, wonderful list of life's unusual activities.

    Your photo is lovely and inspires a feeling of peace for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. when I was 12, I was sitting alone in a field in my hometown with my eyes closed, listening to the world, and felt something soft and warm drop in my lap; I opened my eyes to see a sickly and sad mother bobcat staring at me from about 20 feet away. she held eye contact with me as I realised the little ball in my lap was, in fact, her cub. when I went to stand with the cub, she took off running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh what an amazing thing! How beautiful. What happened to the cub?

      Delete