tale-gathering, swan-watching

I am busy these days putting a few final touches on the little storybook I hope will be available at the end of this week. The weight of worry and shyness presses upon my heart and slows me down. I probably should be doing things to advertise the coming publication, but can not quite manage it. Which is unfortunate, as a piece of essential sports equipment broke today, so I very much hope this latest fundraising project is effective!

(So if you are wondering about what to get that dreamy bookish friend for Christmas or Solstice, or are wanting a little something for yourself, and you have a spare six dollars, maybe you would be interested in a small digital book containing eleven moon-soaked tales.)




This has been perhaps my most difficult project. The year proved long and the seasons threw all they had at me. A parched summer, a winter of unexpected storms, a spring of love and strain and promises. Through it all, I gathered a few quiet stories, often in a dream, as the wind shook me and the sky darkened with wild uncertainties and torn leaves. Everything I wrote, I questioned and doubted, compared and half-unravelled, but ultimately left to tell itself.




I have actually already begun the next project, something a little different, a little unusual, for the end of my southern summer. But I want to place these latest eleven tales into the world - shyly, gently, hoping they are worth something at all. Just a few more days to go ...

And inbetween the words and the worry, I sit beside slow waters and watch the swans, the butterflies, and listen to wild stories in the wind.

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait Sarah! I have eleven lovely people to gift eleven lovely stories to, and one for myself of course ;-) Serendipity seems to smile numerically on me this season. We are sharing hand and heart crafted local offerings we love for the twelve days of Christmas <3 (I count you as local since you share our southern soul hemisphere)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely, kind, and encouraging response :-) And yes, nerve-wracking too!

      Delete
  2. Lovely... yes please. How can i lisren/read these tales and support this creative beauty, and some exercises equipment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) All my books are available on the "Wild Dreaming Tales" page, although the new one is not yet listed. Just click "donate" and don't forget to mention which one you want. If you'd like to wait for the new one, all the instructions will be available when it comes out. :-)

      Delete
  3. Goodness - what happened to your blog design - it looks fantastic Sarah. Do you ship to the UK and what would the price be in English pounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I absolutely love this new template, I'm so very happy with it ... except it looks awful on a tablet, and I suppose also on a mobile phone. I know many people read blogs on their phones these days. I guess I shall have to see how I can fix the mobile settings.

      It was a free template which I installed and customised. Fairly easy process.

      The books are e-books and so I ship them to any email address :-) Some people then go ahead and print them off. I would love very much to make hard copies, but since they are purely fundraisers, with ebooks all the money can go into the fund rather than paying for printing costs. All donations are in American dollars through Pay Pal. At the moment that converts to 3.98 pounds.

      Delete
  4. Sarah, I'm so looking forward to reading your new book. I actually popped in here to see whether it was available yet, and I'm quite thrilled that you're going to release it into the world soon.

    And your header - I actually gasped at the beauty and romanticism.
    warmest wishes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think every creator doubt themselves even if they have been doing it for years and years. I know I run around in circles when it comes to having faith in my own creations. sometimes I honestly believe if we can squash those doubts, we can do anything. but that's just sometimes. most times, I have to keep myself from sinking into this hole of doubts and fears.

    looking forward to reading your tales. I'm sure it's wonderful.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to have found your blog. Your style of writing touches me deeply and I look forward to spending time browsing your site......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also
    look forward to your tales.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! I look forward to your new collection of tales. You are gifted storyteller. Your new site template is beautiful by the way.

    ReplyDelete