gatherings

Thanks to the flu, all I can offer you today are some links which I hope you will enjoy. And I hope I will be able to get back here soon with some proper writing, as I dearly miss this space.

Six ways to introduce the fine arts to your children.

A new Mary Oliver poem: leaves and blossoms along the way.

The British Library offers one million vintage images for download.

Opening to the other : animal tales by Terri Windling.

Anne Siems art (the picture is hers).

The joyful, illiterate kindergartners of Finland.

A site of peaceful loveliness.

I adore Susan and her weblog Home Hum is a treasure.


I have a book of stories tucked against my heart, waiting for a little more time, a few more words, before it is ready to be passed along to readers. These busy, tiring days I am learning acceptance, patience, and the beautiful power of letting go of all things except the truly important things ... but I do hope to get my little book completed soon. In the meanwhile, I give you my blessings for peace and contentment.






7 comments:

  1. hope that you are feeling better soon...and that your book comes to fruition in exactly the way you wish.

    love the picture above!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Sarah, I hope you convalesce as long as you need and maybe a titch longer. Thanks so much for including a link to my piece about kids and the arts.

    sending healing thoughts,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH sigh, be well soon......

    Meanwhile, thank you sooooo much, for the links. Especially the vintage images. Oh be still my heart. -smile-

    Hugs and magic,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that you are feeling poorly; the 'flu is just the worst! Sending you wishes and prayers for comfort and healing. Your gathering of links are always a delight; I am humbled that you have included Home Hum in this list--thank you! ♥ I am filled with sweet anticipation at the thought of your new story book. ((((Hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do love Mary Oliver! Hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear you're down with the flu. I hope you have someone to make you hot tea and soup. I can't believe you went to the trouble to leave us these beautiful links. Always so kind.
    Get lots of rest and take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I hope you feel well soon, Sarah. Sending love. <3

    ReplyDelete