haven

There is a place in this world that is far from where I live, but I find myself sitting there in imagination whenever I need respite. It's a place where tender souls are cared for with magic, compassion and trust, and where old dark wild encircles the valley of peace. I know that one day it will be gone, lost beneath houses and roads. But in a way it's not there at all. It's a moment from the past; a bony moon in a cold, watermarked sky; a drapery of sunlight against one window, one afternoon in summer.



Do you have a place like that? Or do you have an imaginary place you visit when you seek heart-quiet?

3 comments:

  1. When I woke this morning the first thing I thought is that it would be a lovely morning to walk on the beach. I don't really have a place that I would call a haven exactly - my home is the nearest I could get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to Chalice well gardens in Glastonbury and sit at the top of the garden among the trees overlooking the source. Mostly these days in my mind as I haven't travelled there for 2 years. Your posts inspire so thank you

    ReplyDelete