gathered along the way

Dear friends, I hope you are having a lovely day. It has been a long one here, teased with wind. I padded my schedule with extra time for getting places, so that I did not need to rush - and so (as it turned out) I could stand gazing lovingly at my little garden for a while. Some plants are surprising me by flowering beautifully, long after I'd decided they never would. It can make a lesson, of course. (Most things can.) Things take their own right time. 





Just some links for you this evening ...

I've spent years advising people that Robert Frost's poem "The Road Less Travelled" does not urge us to take the road less travelled. Infact it mocks those who overthink which path to take. Here, John Green briefly explains the poem.

Su is back at Butterfly and Bungalow and is sharing wonderful photographs of her time in Europe.

Terri Windling is also back at the beautiful, inspirational Myth and Moor.

I happened across Laura Grace Weldon's book Free Range Learning in the library today, much to my delight. It looks fabulous.

We are currently studying Pre-Raphaelite art. My favourite of these painters has always been John William Waterhouse, but even more than him I love Frank Dicksee's art (although he wasn't part of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood.)


8 comments:

  1. Lovely links as ever. I found Terri Windling's latest post immensely comforting, and a timely reminder of those old stories. Stories I need right now. Thank you for leading me back there. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are so pretty. Lovely links as always. I find John William Waterhouse's paintings inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post and links. I love Pre-Raphaelite art, but am always more drawn to Art Nouveau and especially Alphonse Mucha; who I grew up with in Prague, and the illustrations of William Heath Robinson from my impressionistic, and slightly emo, teens and reading Poe...lol.

    Also, I love finding new blogger via my friend's inspiration. Off to check out more of Su's now. Big hugs and I hope your week is off to a bright and shiny start. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you for an introduction to the art of Sir Frank Bernard Dicksee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Sarah. I love the study you both are doing. Art history has remained an interest of my daughter's too and it has been so rewarding to visit museums. ) It's also wonderful that so many museums put their collections online now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had never heard of Frank Dicksee before - wonder why he wasn't as well known as the other pre-Raphaelites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your comments. I wish I had time lately to reply to each of you personally.

    ReplyDelete