the healing power of art
I've been writing all day (romance, elegance, zombies) and so don't have much left in me for a blogpost. Therefore, some links which I hope you will enjoy :
* Kindness is a superpower.
* So grateful for the American and British men who were in the right place at the right time to stop disaster on a train from Amsterdam. Someone said to me the other day, it's not that the world is a dangerous place, its that where the bad guy happens to be at any given time is a dangerous place.
* I've been thinking a lot lately about how my deliberate practice of surrounding myself with soft, lovely imagery and writing is healing me in a way I don't entirely understand but certainly appreciate. Re-reading Anne of Green Gables, I feel its beauty soaking into my spirit. Scrolling through favourite pinterest boards, I feel my edges softened. I used to like gritty, moody pictures, but can not abide them now. Instinctively, I am drawn to what my spirit needs at this time - lush beauty, with a touch of romantic shadow as well. This article at Pre-Raphaelite Sisterhood talks about how art is a mirror through which we seek healing.
* In a similar vein is this article about art and meditation at The Learned Pig.
* I used to colour-in long before it became trendy, again because a gentle practice of art (if colouring-in can be considered art) can be so soothing, meditative. Now adults' colouring-books are available in fine style. We came across these beautiful books the other day and they really are as lovely as they seem.
I hope your days are full of what you need to be healthful and happy.