grain-free vegan burger & banana chocolate ice cream

The sky is a bright flag flying today. There is the promise of spring to come. I always remember in the middle of winter that spring is really my favourite season, after all.

Here are two simple vegan recipes you might like. The first creates a kind of burger without bread buns. Although I call it a burger, that's for convenience more than accuracy. It's more like an open burger I guess, although you could add a second mushroom on the top if you wanted.

Mushroom and Avocado Burger




Ingredients

Large portobello mushroom
Spinach and kale, or mesculun salad
Avocado
Lentils or chickpeas
Tomatoes
Your choice of toasted pine nuts, walnuts, cashews, etc.
Any other vegetables you want.


1. Grill a portobello mushroom on the bottom. Then flip it over, add lentils and halved cherry tomatoes (and whatever other vegetables you may choose) to the tray. Grill until ready.

2. Steam spinach and kale.

3. Fill the mushroom with lentils, tomatoes, and salad (and whatever other ingredients you have chosen.) Layer avocado on top. Season to taste.

And now for pudding ...

Banana Chocolate Ice Cream. 

This is so easy to make.




Ingredients

Banana
Coconut & Almond milk (unsweetened)
Dark chocolate

1. The night before, slice banana and place in freezer.

2. Add frozen banana to about four tablespoons of milk in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.

3. Place in a bowl, shave chocolate on to the top.

4. Eat before it melts!


If you make them, let me know how they tasted for you. Have a beautiful day, and special wishes to my American friends who are celebrating 4th of July.


sharing here and here and also here


8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the sound of that ice cream! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm sounds and looks so good it makes me hungry on ice cream !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... they both look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum, healthy food,
    simple to make too.
    we use to make banana ice cream, but would run it through a juicer, an all time favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the banana chocolate ice cream recipe!!! i've seen something like this in other places. but now, i really want to try yours. :-)

    and thank you for our 4th of july wishes.

    gentle hugs,
    tessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kind of food! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sweet friend, you have caused my mouth to water and my tummy to growl :) Mmmm... you have shared such tasty recipes! The banana chocolate ice cream looks divine!

    Thank you so much for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. May your day be delightful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it looks so good. I'm working on veganism and I need to incorporate more avocado into my life...

    ReplyDelete