flowers and friendship

The day here is lovely, all soft and warm and peaceful between wilder winter days. My kitchen is full of the sweet, gentle fragrance of early spring flowers. My neighbours the sparrows (and a few married mynahs) have been playing a soap opera for me outside the windows. It's the sort of day that inspired me to write some letters. I don't normally do it, as my arm ends up hurting too much, but today I set myself to the task. There's something really quite lovely about it, isn't there? Such a tenderness of friendship, an intimacy, that you can't really achieve in an email, even if you write exactly the same words.

That doesn't mean I intend to write letters very often. But on a tranquil winter's afternoon, it was just the thing to do.




But now my arm is indeed hurting, so all I have for you today are a few links ...

Why was love fighting in the first place?

Nearby Wild.

What a real man looks like.

Beautiful photographs.

The other side of the story.

Cute animal link.

I couldn't help but thinking ...

Old, gentle enchantment for a quiet afternoon.

I hope you have a lovely day.



5 comments:

  1. There is something very precious about the writing of a letter, I love to do this still in these days of instant everything. And I cherish the letters I still have from the days of old, memories of dear family members who are no longer with me. Your blog is a beautiful and mystical place to visit x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Letters are everything really, such an art that is fast fading. Best wishes to you, and have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do hope the recipients of your letters, appreciate how much you gave, to write them...

    tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be a great letter writer and had lots of pen friends now I just write short messages on cards - the next generation won't be able to write by hand and the only letters we will see will be in museums. I enjoyed the links today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so lovely, Sarah. I haven't written a real letter in far too long. And how jealous I am that you're in winter right now! Summer over here has been just awful.

    ReplyDelete