blue moon blessings

Here on the eve of Imbolc, beneath a blue moon, we bought some flowers for garden. I wanted to do something to bless the beautiful new season, and flowers seemed just right. As we carried them onto the lawn, a chaffinch came to greet us with its tiny song.

I'm terrible at photographing flowers, but here are some snapshots of the garden.





Growing flowers takes the hands and the heart into the earth, and there's always such peace to be found there. And perspective too, as tiny spiders rush away, and you realise the communities that exist in the deep, singing dark that you seldom see, and never think about.


I've struggled for days with wanting to argue about certain subjects. But today I came inside with dirt in my fingernails, and I thought of these words, and because it's my Friday habit anyway, I'm sharing some of the things I loved this week ...


The cadence of rainstorms.

At the still point of the turning world …. there the dance is … and there is only the dance. - TS Eliot. How the bees can teach us to dance.


The InvitationIt doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing ... 

Man & Camera : photography of the wild world.

I celebrate Imbolc not due to religious tradition but because it comes at a time in my environment when spring is obviously beginning to return, and Imbolc offers a wonderful container for my joy. This is true for all the pagan holy days - they to my experiences, rather than me fitting my understanding to them. Here is an article on the holiday.

Esmy's webspace - so lovely and serene.


May the blue moon light your spirit with wonder and joy.



9 comments:

  1. Oh! What a lovely surprise, thank you : ) I miss my blog so much and I'm itching to get back to it. I think this beautiful blue moon is a turning point. And your photographs are beautiful, as ever. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel like a hinge, a transition moment, I agree. I always love to read whatever you write.

      Delete
  2. What wonderful words, to carry with us. On so many days. Because there are many days, when we are moved to argue a point. There seem to be so many points, which need to be argued about. But with our common sense, we know that our words, will not change another. Only the other, can make self change. -sigh-

    No one listens... It seems.... Especially not someone who holds a point, vigorously. So why tear ourselves apart, trying to convince?

    But oh, this is such a hard life lesson, to learn....

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard! So very, very hard. But I try (not always with success) to remember the point you make here, that only the other person can change themselves, and they're only likely to do so if you offer them a beautiful vision to follow instead of their wrongness.

      And I know it's not politically correct to say that people can be wrong - I should say they just have a different perspective. But no, I believe some things are absolutely wrong. Not many things, but some.

      Delete
  3. Happy Eve of Imbolic, with a Blue Full Moon. How lovely...

    And oh yes, that is how I celebrate Pagan holy days, also. I love to notice the turning of the Wheel of the Year. And they do this, when so few people do. And it drew me to them.

    I want to return, to follow the bread crumbs of your links...

    And your flower photography is lovely.

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holy days have so much richness to them, both in terms of recognising the seasonal changes and also the psychological changes within ourselves. I always wanted to write a book about setting homeschooling to the Wheel of the Year. Maybe one of these days :-)

      Delete
  4. How lovely are these links - I don't know how you manage to find them. The flowers in your garden are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you are so NOT terrible at photographing flowers, Sarah! These are lovely... my favorite images of yours are flowers, in fact. <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete