solstice blessings

The sunlight is accumulating in copper and gold amongst the folds of the morning. Through my misty windows all I can see is shadows and gleam. Some bird has come down from the forest to sing welcome to the solstice. I remember this day many years ago, the door it opened for me. I love best of all the year these next three long nights, the heart of winter's darkness, the promise of light to come. And I wish for you all the blessings of your season, whether you are in midsummer or midwinter. Always, there are blessings given.




And I want to say a little word too about language. That forest bird which is singing sounds so different from the sparrows and seagulls. I have no doubt many of my neighbours will shut their windows against it, wanting a little more Sunday morning silence for their sleep-in. But some of us love the dark wild song of strange places. Some of us speak a different language from the normal ones. If you don't like or understand that language, go listen to someone else. Here at the edges, we are singing our love.


12 comments:

  1. solstice blessings to you from summer <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding us, that 'tis not the shortest night of the year, in the Southern Hemisphere. But rather, it is the Winter Solstice. We up here, celebrating the light, need reminding. Another wonderful thing, about blog land...

    My Midsummer's Night Eve, is cool, windy and with rain to come. Not conducive for the planned fire in the fire pit, next door. But there will be other nights, which will be perfect, for a fire. And roasting marshmallows to make S'mores. With stars twinkling over head, through the canopy of the back yard tree.

    I actually envy you a bit, your long winter nights. Unlike so many, I don't become depressed, when sunset comes early. I've always found it a cozy feeling... To shut the curtains, maybe have a fire in the fireplace, and curl up with a soft blanket and a good book.

    Enjoy this coming Season. As I know you will.

    And oh no, I'd not shut my window on the bird song. :-)

    Solstice Blessing to you,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for singing your love
    solstice blessings to you and yours~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou for such beautiful blessings. And many Solstice Blessings to you also. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Here at the edges, we are singing our love."

    Yes we are. Winter blessings to you, my friend.♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a majestic sky shot!

    Happy week to you ~ Happy 4th of July in the USA
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, dramatic skies, glorious colors and a superb capture! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A magnificent capture - thank you for sharing (and for the reminder to seek peace in our hearts, wherever we are). Wishing you a joy-filled week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful picture full of ambiance !

    ReplyDelete