looking up from story

I am deep in moonlit story and the lovely old mystery of words. I am forgetting to write letters to friends, sweep the floor, buy milk. And although I visit my small garden at least once a day, the rest of the world out there is half a dream to me.

So today I can only offer you a link post - like seeds scattered on your virtual path, leading you to treasure I hope. If you're wondering how I managed to gather these links if I'm so busy telling story, I can only confess that I'd not cope without taking mini-breaks in between paragraphs, scenes, conversations - a glance here and there across the internet, before looking down again at misty dark fields and fallen leaves.




Sylvia Linsteadt has announced two new story projects which sound beautiful, magical.

Flowering mama : a beautiful statuette.

Maps of the lost. Only visit this link if you have time to linger, and wonder, and dream a while.

I was looking forward to seeing the new Jurassic Park movie until I read this.

Photographs of dreams.

This tweet.

Hen school at Wild Simplicity.

A sense of place.

And this tv advertisement. (Have tissues ready.)

Have a beautiful day.



8 comments:

  1. oh my! Sarah - these links are astounding! Thankyou. So many riches. And happy writing : ) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am deep in moonlit story and the lovely old mystery of words."

    Your mind, is a beautiful and magical place....

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been giving Jurassic World the side eye since Joss Whedon tweeted about the 70s era sexism inherent in it, so this article isn't surprising. And I completely understand about those little mind-journeys one needs in the midst of story... something more passive, like reading an article which often, in the grand scheme of synchronicity, often has something to add to what you're working on. Very magical moments, hope the writing just flows like water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely links. Those 'photographs of dreams'! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, dear friend. Glad to think of you so deep in your beautiful writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I am deep in moonlit story and the lovely old mystery of words. I am forgetting to write letters to friends, sweep the floor, buy milk."

    Good! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read the Jurassic World link (we have tickets to see the movie this Friday), and I wonder if this essay is another example of someone finding a message in a movie that isn't really there (like what happened with the recent Mad Max movie). I will know better once I see the film, but it seems to me that the "message" may be anti-workaholism rather than anti-working women. The workaholic dad who has his priorities wrong is a common trope for men in films; can't women occasionally get their priorities wrong, too?

      Delete