luna dreaming

I ask for a white moth. I get, almost instantly, three tiny white moths behind a moon. I ask again - for proper this time, please. I get a white moth that may be a butterfly against a woman's face. I sigh. There will be no real white moth for me. I go to sleep, forget all about it.

The next day, I come across a thumbnail picture of a perfect white moth. It's past the deadline for divine intervention, but I click through anyway.

I see, of course, that it is actually green.

I shake my head, exasperated, a little hurting. But he laughs and hugs me. And I want green moths always, always, after that. Because I comprehend it now - they, and all the other not-quite-right things, are blessings that will wake me to the beauty and truth in life. I can not wish up for myself what I need to grow closer to my self, because I can seldom truly know, behind all my wishes and longings, what I actually do need. I must trust -

Trust in imperfection, and unanswered prayers, and love.



5 comments:

  1. i was just beginning to write, and to write about things in all the wrong places, all the not quite right things that are, in fact, pretty wonderful. such perfect imperfect timing.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and timely message. I needed this reminder today. Thank you Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and timely message. I needed this reminder today. Thank you Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something in your words that is so wonderful to meet. The beauty and mystery and magic in you. Even and especially when there are things unsaid.. gaps... yearnings. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete