on brown and beautiful wings

Rain has fallen here the past couple of days. There is hope, in the cold mornings and the squalls, that summer may finally be fading. There is something like a wry, wild smile in the wind coming in from old mountains and older ocean beyond. I feel like I am waking from a sleep filled with thorns.




I sat outside today and the wind blew my hair over my mouth, and the water shuddered white, and when I tipped back my head the clouds danced for me. Everything is changing - the birds are darker-eyed and faster to move, the women are coming out to do fierce and wonderful things, the trees are murmuring with old wisdom that sheds all over me as I walk beneath them. Autumn is like the wings of the year, lifting it into such a rich, sensual, womanly magic.

By the way, I found out about Lana Del Rey last night. I thought she was just another pop singer. Well, how wrong was I?


(Today's photograph was processed with a Kim Klassen texture.)


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad that the weather is changing for you. You sound happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so BEAUTIFUL---I feel as if I'm right there with you experiencing it too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dreamy image, and wonderful words to match. Such poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I adore this photo! And Lana Del Rey is incredible... my favorite singer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a beautiful vintage photo.

    ReplyDelete