the spirit of peace

The other day I wrote about accepting how we are sometimes powerless to create the life we want to live, and how I think it's important to acknowledge that and grieve for what we can not have.

Well, today I was walking along the beach with my bestest friend, and I can't remember what we were talking about, but not anything to do with the aforementioned subject. Then she said, in the casual and uncontrived way she has of dispensing beautiful wisdom :

You can create whatever feeling you want for your life. 

I loved that.




I was given a howlite pendant recently. The moment I put it on, I felt tremendous peace and calm. I don't normally believe in the power of crystals, but this has been undeniable. Ever since, I have been aware of my own power to create calm and peace in my life. I don't even have to do much, it's all about the feeling I bring to things. That feeling does not change the material facts, but it does change my response to them, and that can make a real difference.

How do you create a feeling within yourself? By feeling it.


May I recommend this video? Among other things, it's why I believe so strongly in homeschooling and alternative forms of education like Steiner Education.

And this message for mothers.

Today's photograph was processed with a Kim Klassen texture.



10 comments:

  1. Your photo is lovely. The sea always speaks to me of the greatness of the Creator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, so nice to meet you! I found you through the Kim Klassen link up, it looks like we are interested in the same things! Thank you for sharing that video, I shared it on. We are also very passionate about alternative schooling, being free to learn when and what you want. A small group is forming here that is making it happen. Looking forward to reading more of what you have to share, with love, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photo. For me, the So. Califormia coast line . . . walking along its shore line . . . watching and hearing the waves . . .that is the most calming for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo and processing. I think that often, for me, what I want to feel, I can choose to feel, and then the more that I make this choice and meditate on it, the more real it is to me. Powerful thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love the water and being by the sea is the best medicine there is...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just read this post and your previous post. I agree with your best friend when she talked about creating whatever feeling you want for your life. And I love that the howlite pendant has helped you with this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely : You can create whatever feeling you want for your life.

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post, I really love it! I completely agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, your posts are so invaluable to me. You always challenge me to think deeper, with my heart and mind more wide open.

    Happiness, love, calm, peace...they are choices, lovely gifts we give to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous post! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the howlite. I have found crystals to be healing when I needed it, namely, for grounding when my HSP skin gets too light and sensitive and buzzy-- but you've inspired me to see what might help with morning sickness. <3

    ReplyDelete