driftwood and shells gathered from the virtual shore

Here are a few things I enjoyed reading this week.

This post by Tom Hirons is poignantly beautiful. I had to re-home my own beloved doglet a year ago, and still grieve her loss even while knowing she has a wonderful new family and lifestyle.

Why being a mum is enough. And this one: We're all in the same boat. And this one, which may be unkind to another writer but I really appreciate her perspective. As a stay-at-home-(and-homeschooling)-mother, I never feel lonely and unfulfilled.

Summer depression. It's good to know this is recognised.




I read The Sword of Shannara before I was introduced to The Lord of the Rings, and went on to read many of Terry Brooks' books. They are not great literature, but they can be fun. (Once I was sitting on a bus when behind me two girls were discussing the play script their fellow classmate had written. One girl was describing it in detail to the other. My smile grew bigger and bigger until I finally had to turn around and tell them that their classmate had completely plagarised The Elfstones of Shannara. They thought this was hilarious.) Anyway, I was excited to see this news which fulfills my teenaged dreams regarding The Elfstones of Shannara.

A nine year old boy has some wonderful thoughts on life.

This story about life after birth is wonderful.

And did you get your dreamy soul name?


Sharing with Kim Klassen's Friday Finds.


4 comments:

  1. Very interesting ... thanks for sharing !
    Have a nice weekend and Happy Valentine's Day !
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am actually opposed to Valentine's Day, but I appreciate your kind sentiment :)

      Delete
  2. so far... i watched the 9 year old boy share his thoughts
    i loved listening to him
    and
    i also read about finding his dear dog friend a home
    a heartfelt sharing
    thank you for all the links

    ReplyDelete
  3. shells reading is a tradition born continent with the slave trade over the three or four hundred years.
    In throwing the seeds the priests summoned the Orishas, religious spirits in the Yoruba religion,
    It is believed that the respond to the questions through influencing the landing positions of the shells reading.for more,

    shells readings

    ReplyDelete