weathering life, with love

Rain begins falling, like a ghost of rain, unlooked-for, in the middle of the night. All this long, dry time, this watching and waiting and calculating air pressure charts, and rain comes so quiet, it's hard to believe it's really here. I lay smiling, listening as hard as I can.

Who knows when it will rain again?

I think of Emma, hearing rain on her roof and realising it had been brought there just for her. Night rain always feels that way for me too. I believe in things happening simply due to nature - sad things, and such beautiful things our souls will never be the same again, having experienced them. But then there is unforecast night rain, a kiss against the hand, the heart -

A little bit of love in the dark.


7 comments:

  1. As always, your post is exquisitely beautiful. They always leave me with such a calm feeling -
    almost like a meditation. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, sometimes I feel so helpless, trying to find words to describe how I feel after reading your posts. I absolutely love the thought of the night rain being "a little bit of love in the dark." I hope we have one soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These comments are so kind, thank you very much. They certainly help today as I glare at my computer screen, trying to *will* words into existence, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully written! The rain is just so precious. It started here again last night and hasn't stopped. How I love waking up to the gentle sound of rain falling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautifully written! The rain is just so precious. It started here again last night and hasn't stopped. How I love waking up to the gentle sound of rain falling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifully written! The rain is just so precious. It started here again last night and hasn't stopped. How I love waking up to the gentle sound of rain falling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a night rain, especially, seems to cleanse me, or my thoughts, or both…and gives me a sense of well being and the strength to begin another day…..

    ReplyDelete