a year in new zealand

One of my oldest dreams is to live like a gypsy, travelling my beautiful homeland. For various reasons, this has always remained a dream and perhaps always will. Luckily, I have a good imagination, and so I do a lot of travelling from my cosy couch in my steady little cottage near the shore.

This past year though I was blessed to travel for real more than usual. It did things to my heart that I can not fully explain. New Zealand is a magnificent country, and bigger, deeper, more silent and more songful, than I ever realised.

I have a very cheap, poor quality camera. Another dream is to one day have a real camera and all the grace to use it. But for better or worse, I'd like to share now with you some of my journeys far and wide this year through Aotearoa.















9 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing ( and i have a fantasy to live in a cozy little cottage by the shore. xoxo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in the most beautiful part of the world. I used to live in New Zealand and travelled around like a gypsy from the UK. I miss the sea which I use to paint a lot on canvas, when we lived in Auckland. Your photos are magical. Thank you for sharing. I hope to visit you here again soon.
    Have a lovely Christmas and New Year.
    Jo May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. New Zealand is a place that I have always wanted to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Absolutely stunning--the places, your photos, everything. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you all, I really appreciate your comments. :-) Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas week to everyone

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. You live in the South Island, right? Never made it there unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. even the cheapest, and crappiest, of cameras can make beautiful images when placed in hands like yours.
    thanks for sharing some of your travels and so many beautiful words this year.
    happy xmas to you and yours
    xxx

    ReplyDelete